What is sustainable engineering?
Simply put, to ‘build green’ is construction without destruction. The concept of green, coming from the idea of renewal, growth and life, has remained unchanged through the ages. Facing a global crisis of unimagined precedence and disaster, the evolution of green is at our door. The term ‘sustainable building’ is another way of referring to the fact that green buildings are built to last, with quality design, durable materials and conscientious construction.
Why should we go green?
Estimates inform us that the buildings we live and work in consume 40% of resources and emit 50% of greenhouse gases. They actually use more energy than cars! Indoor air can be 2-5x more polluted than outside air! It’s our focus to alleviate this problem by encouraging the use of alternative building materials and designing buildings that connect people to nature.
PSE is a human-centered, intellectual engineering firm utilizing the latest design and computer technology available to create buildings that are both durable and environmentally-friendly. We offer a strong portfolio in sustainable engineering design for commercial, residential, government and international clients. We are experts in many different types of alternative building materials, such as rammed earth, straw bale, earthbag, structural insulated panels (SIP’s), light gauge steel, insulated concrete forms (ICF), bamboo, shipping containers and modular construction.
- Distinctive and sterling design in sustainable construction for residential and commercial buildings.
- Accomplished diverse, competent and highly skilled staff at your service.
- Experienced and exceptional analytical techniques applied to challenges, and opportunities.
- State-of-the-art design technology and cutting-edge software combined with a high degree of professionalism, personal and quality service to each and every one of our clients.
- Commitment to engineering excellence. We provide our clients with a high caliber of efficiency, talent and expertise in both alternative and traditional building construction.
“The more options we give, the more people will bite on green initiatives.”
–Nabil Taha, Ph.D
(Founder and President of PSE)
“We have no choice but to go green.”