Structural Engineering Firms
Because sustainable building is very much still in a period of innovation, truly green construction requires a level of commitment most structural engineering firms are not yet willing to rise to. In fact, by some estimates, only about 10% of new homes in 2010 are expected to be built to green standards. While that number represents a great deal of progress compared to the 2% rate in 2005, clearly we have a long way to go toward widespread use of sustainable building practices. At PSE Consulting Engineers, Inc., services range from project engineering to plan review, construction services and civil engineering. Our focus on green homes includes several special areas of expertise, including:
- Modular Factory Built Homes (FBH) – efficient and built to extremely high standards
- Straw Bale Homes – energy efficient, quiet and made from an abundant natural resource
- Bamboo Homes and Resorts – beautiful and completely sustainable
- Rammed Earth Homes – materials are readily available and relatively inexpensive
- Recycled Light Gage Steel Buildings – materials recycled from old automobiles and train cars.
- Insulated Concrete Forms (ICF) – long lasting, durable and quiet
- Structural Insulated Panels – green alternative to traditional wood frames
These and other sustainable materials and green building techniques can be applied both to new construction and existing structures. Read on for more specific information about the sustainable construction services offered by PSE and how to get started on your own green building project.
PSE Consulting Engineers, Inc.: Services Offered
Using a combination of human creativity and state-of-the-art design technology and software, our experienced team provides clients with a level of professionalism and service that is unrivaled in the construction industry. Precision Structural Engineering services include the engineering and design of both traditional and sustainable residential, commercial and industrial structures.
PSE truly is committed to sustainable construction and to keeping this type of building affordable in the short and long terms. To that end, unlike most other structural engineering firms, PSE offers a free initial consultation to potential customers who wish to explore our approach.