joomla analytics
Select Page

Service for Homeowners

Local Remodels | Renovations | Additions

Designing, remodeling, and renovating residential homes can be a challenge. There are a variety of factors to consider, from building permits to structural integrity. At PSE Consulting Engineers, Inc. we can help. Whether you’re adding a room or updating your home, our structural engineers have extensive experience with residential home renovation and can make sure that your project is completed correctly and safely. Do you want to add value to your home with a new addition, or tear down walls for an open floor plan? Utilizing the latest in 3D design technology, we can help turn your ideas into a reality and let you visualize your design from start to finish.

If you are planning a home or thinking about some home improvement, consider hiring a local engineer to assess your project before you start.  Most homeowners don’t realize they need an engineer until after they have started their project, which could cause costly delays. Doing your research ahead of time can save you significant time and money. Depending on the work done, you may need inspections and site tests performed.

Custom Home Design

PSE Consulting Engineers, Inc. has created unique designs for homes all across America, and we feel that each home should be as unique as its owner. We never lose sight of what’s important- you. To better serve our clients who want a new home, we recently launched a website for our subsidiary company, Creative Touch Home Design, which operates in our corporate office. These two companies allow us to deliver our clients their dream home and see the project through from start to finish. Book an appointment with our home designer today!

Creative Touch offers comprehensive design services, including:

  • Conceptual design services
  • Space planning & design
  • Schematic design
  • Design development phase services

Typical residential projects which usually require plans or permits are:

  • New home construction
  • New garage construction
  • New commercial or industrial construction
  • Any addition onto an existing building or structure
  • Sheds 120 square feet or larger (including overhang)
  • Any fence taller than 6 feet
  • Any retaining walls taller than 4 feet
  • Swimming pools over 5,000 gallons
  • Signs (commercial or industrial)
  • Re-windowing (only if changing the size of the window frame)
  • Fireplace installation
  • Demolition of an existing structure
  • Decks
  • Finishing off a roughed-in bathroom
  • Finishing off a basement, which involves constructing walls.
  • Installation of a bedroom egress exit window.
  • Some larger excavation projects
  • Moving a building in or out
  • Electrical work must have a permit from the State Board of Electricity
  • Plumbing work also requires a separate permit

(Every jurisdiction is different so be sure to check with your local building department before starting a home improvement project.)