Greenhouse Designs, Engineering & Plans
Greenhouse Design & Engineering
At PSE Consulting Engineers, Inc., we live, eat, and breathe sustainability, and what's more sustainable than a greenhouse? We specialize in sustainable building practices for a better future, and we find that one of the best ways to do that is through the construction of residential and commercial greenhouses.
We understand the rules and regulations regarding construction and adhere to code with our designs accordingly. We will plan and guide your greenhouse build from inception to permitting so you can be on your way to growing your favorite plants in no time. Contact PSE Consulting Engineers, Inc. today for our state-of-the-art greenhouse design & engineering.
Greenhouse Building Codes
Building codes are in place to regulate the construction of structures and ensure the safety of the building in the future. Like any other building, greenhouses will be subject to local ordinances and building codes that vary from one location to the next. As a result, the first step in planning the construction of a greenhouse is to contact the local building authorities for a clear understanding of the local building and zoning restrictions. Failure to do so may result in steep fines and a potential order to deconstruct your greenhouse in its entirety.
PSE Consulting Engineers, Inc. is licensed throughout the United States and in four Canadian provinces and is familiar with the building and zoning codes in most locations. If you are unsure and need your plans approved by a licensed engineer, give us a call!
Cost of A Greenhouse
The next item to consider is the cost. Unfortunately, there is no quick answer to this question. Greenhouses can be small structures with metal framing and clear fabric coverings or large commercial buildings made of metal and glass. Greenhouses can also be temporary or permanent structures. Before determining cost, you must ask yourself what type of greenhouse fits your specific needs.
A trusted greenhouse engineering company such as PSE Consulting Engineers, Inc. will help you determine which greenhouse fits your needs best. We can design standard greenhouses and high-end greenhouses. Basic or standard greenhouses may not be flashy, but they are designed to provide years of efficient and dependable protection. We use sustainable structural engineering practices in all of our designs to ensure a long-lasting structure with little impact on the environment.
The final cost of a greenhouse is going to depend on the scope of the project entirely. They are relatively affordable to build in terms of a building, but the materials used and attachments and amenities installed will significantly affect the end cost. Upon receiving your completed plans, your chosen builders will be able to provide you with an estimate on the overall project.
We recommend you account for any potential add ons during the design process, as adding something in the future as seemingly minor as a sprinkler system can result in the need to redesign and rebuild your greenhouse, significantly increasing the overall cost.
Structural Analysis and Design
PSE Consulting Engineers are a reputable greenhouse design and engineering company that can provide you with accurate structural analysis and design regardless of the desired end product. From standard residential greenhouse design to elaborate commercial greenhouse design, you can count on us to get the job done through environmentally sustainable practices. Our complete structural analysis and design covers everything that you need to have the greenhouse of your dreams.
PSE Greenhouse Structural Analysis & Design Includes:
- Analysis & Design of the primary roof system. This is typically a truss, rigid frame, arch, or similar system.
- PSE's Roof Analysis for the primary roof supporting the structure shall be designed for vertical loads consisting of dead load, live load, collateral loads, plant loads, snow load, wind load, rain load, and lateral wind seismic loads.
- Analysis & Design of the secondary structural system. Secondary structural systems include bracing elements and enclosure support components such as purlins, glazing bars, ridge beams, and gutters, as well as girts.
- PSE's secondary structural system analysis shall result in calculations that provide a complete load path capable of transferring loads from their point of origin to the load resisting system.
- Analysis of load combinations specific to your local building code requirements ensures your greenhouse can resist loads such as snow, wind, and earthquakes.
- Other elements of our Greenhouse design include columns, end wall framing, and enclosing walls.
- PSE engineers will analyze each element and its connection for adequacy. Your greenhouse design engineer will take into consideration the local code requirements when considering lateral loads.
- Walls will be designed for the wind loads of a building in your area.
- Side walls are typically a braced system using columns or trusses consisting of diagonal braces. The load is then conveyed through the diagonal braces along the side walls to the foundation.
- End walls take the wind load through columns to the roof bracing system. PSE's detailed design accommodates all the forces on the individual members.
- The foundation may be spread footings, continuous concrete footings, or flagpole foundations placed directly in the earth. These types of footings may be backfilled with concrete or other fill.
- PSE also designs for applicable lateral loads, namely wind or seismic load. Our drawings show the anchor bolts, base plate layout, and all required design information for the foundation.
- Cladding material is not part of the structural system and is not covered in this structural design.
For most greenhouse structures, a computer modeling analysis will be necessary. PSE's engineers will analyze the greenhouse design using acceptable load distribution and determination methods for your spatial design requirements. PSE's analysis provides a complete load path capable of transferring all loads and forces from their point of origin to the load resisting elements.
Our greenhouse design is universal in its application and results in the highest standard of sustainable greenhouses available. We have helped many people design their residential and commercial greenhouses for a wide range of specializations.
- Vegetable Production
- Flower Production
- Educational & Research Facilities
- Retail Stores
- Aquaculture Growing
- Garden Centers
PSE Greenhouse structural analysis and design includes:
Whether it’s a residential or commercial greenhouse, PSE brings industry leading experience to your project. Engaging PSE as an active participant in your design team is instrumental in ensuring a successful and complete project. Our dedicated and enthusiastic professionals at PSE will create a sustainable greenhouse design that yields a fully functional greenhouse. PSE’s engineers are anxious to develop the AutoCAD drawings, specifications and associated details, as well as offer sustainable design solutions and engineering for any of your projects. PSE is the absolute right choice to bring your project in on time, along with competitive pricing.
PSE Consulting Engineers Greenhouse Design
The foundation of any well-thought-out greenhouse design is a complete set of AutoCAD drawings and greenhouse specification calculations. All projects can benefit from professionally developed project documents. Whether it is your first greenhouse design or a renovation of an existing greenhouse, PSE's talented industry professionals are eager to help bring about a quality design and completed greenhouse project that meets all your specific project needs.
Our engineers are licensed throughout the United States and Canada and are readily available to help with your greenhouse design needs. Whether you need help designing a residential or commercial greenhouse, PSE Consulting Engineers brings industry-leading experience to any project. Engaging PSE as an active participant in your design team is instrumental in ensuring a successful and complete project. Our dedicated and enthusiastic professionals will create sustainable greenhouse designs that yield fully functional structures, perfect for your intended application. Contact PSE Consulting Engineers today for all of your residential and commercial greenhouse designs and plans.
Residential, Commercial Greenhouse Design and Engineering of:
Greenhouse eBook – Free Download!
Complete the short form below and receive our “Greenhouse eBook” free