Oregon City, County, and State web sites
Soil / Geotechnical / Geothermal Design
Geothermal Design Electrical Brown Mechanical Engineering (Geothermal Design)
Brian Brown, P.E.
Address: P.O. Box 563 Fort Klamath, Oregon 97626
Electrical Orpac Engineering (Electrical)
Stephen Hills, Jr., P.E.
Tel: (541) 842-4191
Address: 201 West Barnett. Medford, OR 97501
Energy Green Homes/ Buildings Consultants, Designers and Contractors.
Straw Bale Construction
Green Home Designers
Bamboo Homes and Buildings
David Sands, AIA
Tel: (808) 572-1007
Fax: (808) 573-4855
Address: PO Box 1238 Haiku, HI. 96708
Insulated Concrete Forms, ICF
ICF Pro Mr. Mike Morrison
Tel: (541) 261-3606
Address: P.O. box 2868 White City, OR 97503
Authorized Distributor for Nudura Corporation icf
Rammed Earth Construction
Solar System Sales, Design, and Licensed Installer
Eco Solar Inc.
Eric R. Andrews
Tel: (541) 273-3200
Fax: (541) 882-4309 Address: 515 South 6th Street Klamath Falls. OR 97601
At Eco Solar and Electric, we are in business to inform and empower our customers to take control of their energy use. We focus on high caliber customer service and workmanship. We use only new, brand name products and parts. We are committed to serving Southern Oregon’s solar and electric needs now and in the future. We specialize in solar power as an alternative energy, as well as being a full service electrical contractor doing new construction, electrical retrofits, and commercial lighting upgrades.
Modular Homes, Designer, Builders, and Contractors
Stratford Building Corporation
Mr. Jay Davis
Tel: (208) 687-2707
Toll Free: 800-617-7778
Fax: (208) 687-1553
Address: P.O. Box 1075. Rathdrum, ID 83858
Wardcraft Homes, Inc
John E. Hart, Project Manager
Address: 361 71st Ave-West lower suite Greeley, Colorado 80634
Office: (785)632-5664, option 2, ext 401
Isbell Construction Inc.
Mr. Steve Isbell
Tel: (530) 587-0230
Fax: (530) 587-0241
Address: 11090 Trails End Road. Truckee, CA. 96161
ACS Construction, Inc. – Log Home Builders & Contractors
Mr. Craig Stewart
Tel: (913) 302-8531
Address: 9218 Metcalf Ave. #184, Overland Park, KS 66212
Log Homes, Designers and Contractors
Creative Building System
Fax: (541) 779-7993
Creative Touch Home Design
Tel: (541) 850-6300
Address: 250 Main Street, Suite E Klamath Falls, Oregon 97601
Heiland Hoff Architecture
Heiland Hoff, AIA
Cell: (541) 944-9639
Fax: (541) 535-3588 Address: 1797 Anderson Creek Road. Talent OR. 97540
William Pelton Construction
Tel: (541) 882-2136
Cell (541) 331-4300
Address: 2988 Hope Street Klamath Falls, OR 97601
Tel: (541) 892-2300
A to Z Home Repair
Tel: (541) 850-4095
Cell: (541) 891-8568
Address: 3630 Bisbee Klamath Falls, OR 97603
Foundation Strengthen /Repair
William Pelton Construction
Tel: (541) 331-4300.
Don Decamp of Southern Oregon Foundation & Understructure Repair.
Tel: (541) 660-9142
Tel: (541) 892-2300
Tel: (541) 779-5029.
Nash Craft LLC.
Address: 1605 Kane Klamath Falls, OR 97603
Keith Anderson Construction, LLC
Tel: (541) 892-0808
Address: 9809 Matney Way Klamath Falls, OR 97603
Del Ellis Construction
Tel: (541) 273-1203
Cell: (541) 891-8565
Address: 4220 Shasta Way Klamath Falls, OR 97603
Picard Mike Building
Tel: (541) 882-9636
Fax: (541) 882-3209
Address: 5450 Altamont Dr. Klamath Falls, OR 97603
Commercial Design Built Contractors
Post Tension Concrete Slab and Heated Concrete Slab
PolySteel Alternative Building Systems, Inc.
Mr. Darrin Thornton
Address: 6084 Crater Lake Ave Ste C- Central Point, OR 97502
Treehouse Treesort Treehouse
Treesort, a true Bed & Breakfast in the trees!
Address: 300 Page Creek Rd. Cave Junction, Oregon, 97523
Additional Resources and References
- Aluminum Structures by Robert L. Ferry.
- Aluminum Association (AA). aluminum.org.
- Aluminum association of Florida (AAF). aaof.org.
- Aluminum Extruders’ Council (AEC). aec.org.
- National Association of Aluminum Distributors (NAAD). naad.org
- The very best website that I am aware of on earthbag building is from Kelly Hart and Owen Geiger. (Most of the pictures on this website are copied with special permission from): earthbagbuilding.com
- The best book that I am aware of is: Earthbag Buildings by Kaki Hunter and Donald Kiffmeyer.
- The Rammed Earth House by David Easton.
- BUILDING CODES GENERAL PART 4 2006 NEW MEXICO EARTHEN BUILDING MATERIALS CODE.
- Building of Earth and Straw, Structural Design for Rammed Earth and Straw Bale Architecture, by Bruce King, P.E.
- Adobe and Framed Earth Buildings by Paul Graham Mchenry, Jr.
- Article by Fred Webster, Ph.D. Seismic Engineer. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (650) 321-6939 P.O. Box 4043 Menlo Park, CA 94025
- Earth Construction, a Comprehensive Guide by Hugo Houben and Hubert Guillaud.
- Rammed Earth Structures, A Code of Practice by Julian Keable.
- Building with Earth, Design and Technology of a Sustainable Architecture by Gernot Minke.
- Adobe and Rammed Earth Buildings, Design and Construction by Paul Grahm Mchenry, Jr.
Light Gauge Steel
- AISI code of Standard Practice 2006
- Allowable Stud bearing capacity in Bottom Track over concrete by LGSEA.
- Building Inspector’s Guide, SFA_Trade_Guide_05-08_Booklet
- Builder’s Guide to Light Gauge Steel, SFA Framing Guide.
- Curtain Wall Design
- Log Span Tables for floor joists, Beams, and Roof support System With lob building Standards for Residential, Handcrafted, Interlocking, Scribe-fit Construction
- The International Log Building Association.
- Log Homes Illustrated, magazine.
- How Log Buildings Resist Lateral Loads by Tom Hahney
- Hands-on Log Homes By Cindy & Art Thiede.
- Building the Alaska Log Home By Tom Walker.
- Log and Cedar Homes by Gary D. Branson.
- The Modular Home, State-of-the-Art Construction, Superior Quality, Save Time & Money, Hundreds of Design Options, Perfect for New Homes & Additions, Custom-Built to Fit Your Dream, By Andrew Gianino. (In my opinion, this is the best book on modular homes)
- Modular Home Buyer’s Guide 2nd Edition January 2005, by Randall Eaton, Learn How to Save Thousands before You Buy!
- Pre-Fab Modern by Jill Herbers.
- Modular House Design, The Key to Complete Construction Efficiency by Frederick Uhlen Hop
- Best designed, Modular houses by Martin Nicholas Kunz, and Michelle Galindo.
- Modular Mansions, By Sheri Koones.
- Pre-Fab, by Allison Arieff and Bryan Burkhart.
- The Prefabricated Home, by Colin Davies.
- Prefab Green, by Michelle Kaufmann/Catherine Remick.
- Pre-Fab Now, by James Grayson and Ray Cha.
- Intermodal Shipping Container, Small Steel Buildings by Paul Sawyers.
- Technical Specification for a Typical Steel Dry Cargo Container.
- Containers Design Features, American Steel Cargo Containers.
- Stacking shipping containers on Land for an Off-Axis Detector by J. Cooper, J. Kilmer, B Winds, Fermi National accelerator Laboratory, Batavia, IL 60510.
- Container Handbook, Section 3.1, Container Design.
- MIL-HDBK-138B, 1 January 2002, Department of Defense Handbook, Guide to Container Inspection for Commercial and Military Intermodal Containers.
- The Box, How the Shipping Container Made the World Smaller and the World Economy Bigger, By Marc Levison
- The Prefabricated Home By Colin Davies